Monday, July 12, 2010

Tully



Ok, so I work in Tully. Tully is the wettest town in Australia. No seriously. The wettest. Our town monument is a giant freaking gumboot.


And every year it floods and the roads close:




(the street to my office)


And it can be most inconvenient, and all the water turns to roads to cr*p, but it keeps peeps on the council employed and means it's always very green!!


But it is so beautiful here!


Every morning at sparrows on my drive to work I smile. I smile at how lucky I am to live in such a beautiful place. I smile when I see the cows chewing their cud with those tall skinny white birds sitting on their backs eating ticks 'n things.


I especially smile when I see the baby cows. They're called bubajews.


I am ecstatic when I see cassowaries. And I do. Not as often as I like but it do! I'm one of those crazy people on the road that stops dead, flashing my lights and carrying on at every vehicle within cooee. Even if the cassowary is 50 metres off the road. Because they are special.



How can you not smile at that?


6 comments:

  1. NICE post! Just for the record, cassowaries are UGLY FREAKIN MOTHERS altho I would not wanna hit one with my car.
    And -- gumboot -- hahahahaha I forgot that. I dunno what BeachTowns' emblem is... we have a big jetty?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I'm guessing you don't have any water restrictions there?
    Hmmm, maybe I should move....

    Or not, all my family is here and I'd miss them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh. Perfect. My home town has a tendency to flood. A lot. But not as much as that... Tully hey. King of the flood plans.

    Popped over from your sisters blog. Was able to follow, luckily, because she is still winning. :o)

    Keep it up. You are definitely on your way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys!
    I was so excited when I checked my blog and I had comments!!
    (it's like the first time you win something on ebay ;o))

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love cassowaries! I am in awe of this beautiful bird. I get so grieved when I hear of one being killed by cars or dogs. I am glad you make such an effort when you see one.

    I live in Innisfail, and I agree with you... it is such a beautiful place to live, in this region.

    Keep blogging... I was beginning to think I was the only one around here lol.

    ReplyDelete